Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease

During our visit to Chaney's, Catherine was not feeling well, but we assumed it was her teeth as was cutting about four teeth. The next day, I decided to take her to the doctor because she was unusually grumpy and still running a temp. The doctor said, "Have you looked inside her mouth?" I said "no" because she will not open her mouth to even brush her teeth. She pointed out small sore sores on her tongue and knew that it was Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Little did we know that it was going to get a lot worse. Catherine had the worst case I have ever seen! She would stand on her head and scream at times because she would be in so much pain. I think the blisters went down her throat. The only relief she could get was after taking Motrin. It took several weeks for the blisters to finally go away. I hope we NEVER get this virus again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment